QuietCool Whole House Fans
EV Charger Installation in Orange County
We Can Install An EV Charger in your Home
If you own an electric vehicle and you would like the convenience and safety offered by an EV Home Charging Station, talk to the EV Charger Electrical Experts at Electrical Options. We offer various services for EV chargers including professional installation and replacements.
What is an EVSE Charger and Levels of Charging?
EVSE chargers supply electricity to your electric vehicle which recharges overtime. There are three levels of electric vehicle charging devices:
Level 1 Charger:
This comes standard with most electric vehicles and is normally plugged into a three-prong outlet. While the level 1 charger requires no installation, it charged vehicle batteries incredibly slow. Level 1 EVSE chargers are to be used overnight for maximum efficiency. This can take anywhere between 20+ hours or more to fully charge an electric car’s battery.
Level 2 Charger:
This EVSE charger is a little bit more advanced than the level 1 EVSE charger. This requires it’s own dedicated 240-Volt circuit, which needs to be professionally installed in your garage. These chargers operate much faster and can fully charge an electric vehicle in about 2-3 hours depending on the size of the electric vehicle. More EVSE manufacturers are starting to include Level 2 chargers with each new car purchase.
Level 3 Charger:
These charging stations are those standalone devices you see in public places like your local mall, town centers, etc. These types of stations can charge any electric vehicle in about 20-30 minutes and add about 160 miles of driving range to an electric vehicle’s battery. Keep in mind that these charging stations tend to be a little bit more expensive and have an industrial-level power draw that makes them unavailable to homeowners.
Which type of EVSE charge is the right choice for you? It ultimately boils down to your driving habits. Many EV owners get by with plugging in their cars overnight to charge. But if you’re constantly needing to charge your EV during the day, having a level 2 charger is the most reasonable investment.
EVSE Charging Station Installation
If you decide to have a level 2 charging station installed in your garage, here’s what you can expect from Electrical Options:
- Full inspection of all equipment prior to installation.
- Site inspection to ensure equipment is installed in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Electrical system upgrade, including new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring to support the quicker-charging Level 2 charger.
- Your licensed electrician from Electrical Options will install your EVSE equipment to conform to all National Electrical Code and local permit/code requirements.
- Start-up inspection performed to verify equipment is functioning properly in its operational environment.
- Complete EVSE information provided to customer on equipment features, correct usage, limitations, necessary maintenance, and warranty terms.